Multiformats modules/chiptunes player for the iPhone/iPod/iPad
Modizer is a multiformat modules & chiptunes player which allows you to listen to computers and consoles music (C64, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Amiga, PC, ...).
Based on multiple high quality playback engines and using either the FTP server, the builtin WEB browser or the integrated Modland & HVSC databases you can discover or listen again to the best music from the videogames and demoscene history.
Discover some real gems from famous people like Chris Huelsbeck, Jochen Hippel, Purple Motion, Lizardking, Audiomonster or Rob Hubbard, ...
Requirements: iOS 3.0 or more and at least an iPhone 3G/iPod 2G. iPhone 3GS or faster recommanded.
Also optimised for iPad and iPhone 4.
- Large compatibility (more than 400 formats) thanks to multiple playback engines : Amiga and PC modules (UADE & libmodplug), Atari ST/Amstrad CPC (ST-Sound & SC68), C64 (sidplay2/resid), Sharp X68000 (MDX/PDX), Nintendo/Sega/Nec/Sony (Game Music Emulator, sexypsf, aosdk)
- Direct internet access to Modland & HVSC collections.
- Built-in Web browser allowing FTP/HTTP downloads, bookmarks and support of ZIP,GZ,LZH & RAR archives.
- Built-in FTP server over WIFI connection : upload your music files with a simple FTP client.
- Playlists support.
- Online World Charts with links for MODLAND & HVSC entries
- Search function (in local files/playlists/Modland/HVSC).
- Rating & play counter of files.
- Multiple visualisations : patterns, 2D&3D spectrums, oscilloscopes, ...
- Background playback & remote controller on iOS >=4.0.
- Highly configurable behaviour.
Screenshots (outdate, check iTunes page instead)
v1.0 running on iPad, courtesy of toucharcade
Modizer is based on opensourced software (GPL, public domain, ...), sources are available below.
- Modizer v1.3 (all libs included)
- Modizer v1.1
- libmodplug (minor fix for mod & tempo/speed command. buggy)
- Modizer v1.0
- libmodplug (0.8.8.1 with minor fix for PTM)